Who we are
EcoBe Piotr Kowalski with the registered office at ul. Dzika 6 /109, 00-172 Warszawa, NIP: 5262320932, Regon: 141979078, the address of our website and online store is: https://bushmen.pl.
What personal data do we collect and why we are collecting it?
When you visit our site, we collect the following data:
- The products you’re viewing: we’ll use it to, for example, display products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we will use this for purposes such as estimating taxes and delivery costs.
- Shipping address: we will ask you to enter them so that we can, for example, estimate shipping costs before placing an order!
When you place an order, we will ask you for information, such as:
- Name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number
We will use this information for purposes such as:
- Sending you information about your account and orders
- Contacting you for the correct execution of orders
- Handling parcels ordered by your goods
- Responding to your requests, including returns and complaints
- Configuring your account in our store
- Observance of all legal obligations imposed on us by applicable laws, including a tax settlement
- Improvements to our store offer
- When visitors to the site leave a comment or evaluate the product, we collect the data shown in the commenting form, as well as the IP address of the visitor and the signature of his browser as an aid in the detection of spam.
Cookies – Cookies
- If you leave a comment on our site, you will be able to choose the option of saving your name, email address, and website address in cookies, so that when writing subsequent comments, the above information will be conveniently supplemented. These cookies expire after a year.
- If you have an account and log in to this site, we will create a temporary cookie to check if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal data and will be discarded when you close your browser.
- During logging in, we create additional cookies needed to save your login information and selected screen options. Login cookies expire after two days and screen options after one year. If you check the “Remember me” option, the login will expire after two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be deleted.
- If you modify or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data, simply indicating the ID you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- We also provide cookies related to Google’s analytics services. We use this information for statistical and marketing analysis of the store’s work. They may contain data on the location, the operating system of visitors, and external addresses that directed them to our site. These cookies expire when you close your browser. The exception is the _ga cookie, which is valid for 2 years and serves, among other things, to determine whether our customers visit the store again.
Embedded content from other websites
- The articles on this site may contain embedded content (e.g. videos from Youtube, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves analogously to the user’s direct visit to a specific site.
- Data about your activity in the Bushmen store can be transferred for analytical purposes to systems preparing statistics of visits and customer behavior in our store. An example is Google Analytics.
Who do we share your data with
- Your data may be transferred to third parties in order to fulfill your order. For example, we will provide your data to the courier company to provide the product you ordered.
How long do we keep your data?
- If you leave a comment, its content and metadata will be kept indefinitely. Thanks to this, we are able to recognize and approve subsequent comments automatically, without sending them to moderation.
- For users who have registered on our website, we also store personal information entered in the profile. Each user can inspect, correct or delete his personal information at any time (that’s not applied to changing the user’s name, which can not be changed for technical reasons). Site administrators can also view and modify this information.
- We store your data for as long as it is required to achieve the above-mentioned goals, and above all sales support, unless we are legally obliged to store them for longer. For example, we will store order information for the required number of years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses. Remember that you have the right to delete your data in advance unless you are acting as a company.
What are your rights to your data?
- If you have a user account, placed orders, or added comments on this site, you can request delivery of a file with an exported set of your personal data which is in our database, including all of those provided by you. You can also request that we delete all of your personal data from the database. This does not apply to any data that we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security reasons.
Where do we send the data
- Guest comments can be checked using the automatic spam detection service.
All requests related to your data should be sent to:
Piotr Kowalski: +48 601 294 637
How do we protect your data?
Your data is sent to our store via an encrypted connection. Access to them is limited and it is only authorized and trained employees.
You can manually disable cookies in your browser settings. To find out how to do it, select your browser from the list below.
Note that disabling cookies on the Bushmen website may also disable its functionality and online ordering.
Online BUSHMEN.PL store terms and conditions.
1 Preliminary provisions and definitions
- WWW.BUSHMEN.PL online store, called further the store, is run by EcoBe Piotr Kowalski registered in Polish Central Register and Information on Economic Activity under REGON number 141919018, and tax NIP number PL5262320932
- These regulations are the rules for concluding the sales contracts via the store
- B2C – Legal transaction with the store to a user who is a natural person.
- Consumer – A natural person who made a B2C.
- B2B – Legal transaction with the store to the registered Company
- Communication with the store can be provided via the following methods.
- Correspondence: Poland, 00-893 Warsaw, Ogrodowa 7
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +48 610 29 46 37
3 Sales & delivery rules
- B2C – The prices given in the Store are given in Polish zlotys or/and in EU and are gross prices (including VAT)
- B2B – The prices given in the Store are given in Polish zlotys are gross prices (including VAT), and in EU without VAT.
- The final price of the order may be increased the price the cost of delivery.
- B2C should pay the store for the purchased goods before shipment
- B2B should pay the store for the purchased goods due to a separate agreement
- The user can use payment methods that can be found at the store.
- The goods will be sent by the store as soon as possible, in the manner chosen by the consumer when placing the order.
4 Withdrew from the contract
- B2C transactions can be withdrawn from the contract within 14 days without any reason.
- The deadline to withdraw from the contract expires after 14 days from the day on which the consumer came into possession of the item or on which a third party other than the carrier and indicated by the Consumer came into possession of the item.
- In order to exercise the right to withdraw from the contract, the Consumer must inform the store of his decision to withdraw from the contract by an unequivocal statement – using the store data provided in these regulations.
- The consumer may use the model withdrawal form provided at the end of these regulations, but it is not mandatory.
- In order to meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for the Consumer to send information regarding the exercise of the right to withdraw from the contract before the withdrawal deadline expires.
- Consequences of withdrawing from the contract:
- In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the Store returns to the Consumer amount resulting from the price for the goods received from the Consumer no later than 14 days from the date on which the store got the product back.
- The cost of delivering the item is not refundable.
- The consumer should return the goods to the store to the address provided in these regulations immediately, and in any case not later than 14 days from the date on which he informed the store about the withdrawal from the contract.
- The deadline will be met if the Consumer sends back the goods before the expiry of the 14-day period;
- The consumer bears the direct cost of returning the goods;
- The consumer is not entitled to a decrease in the value of the returned goods.
In case of a decrease in the value of the returned item, the store keeps the right to reduce the returned amount by the value resulting from the decrease in the value of the returned goods
5 Complaints and warranty
- The store is obliged to deliver the item free from defects and gives 2 years warranty for the sold goods.
- The warranty starts from the day of the legal transaction.
- In case of a defect in the goods purchased from the store, the Consumer has the right to make a complaint based on the warranty regulated by the provisions of the Polish Civil Code.
- Complaints should be submitted in writing or electronically to the addresses of the store provided in these regulations.
- It is recommended to include it in the complaint. a concise description of the defect, the date of its appearance, data of the Consumer submitting the complaint, and the Consumer’s request in connection with the defect of the goods.
- The Entrepreneur will respond to the Consumer’s complaint request within 14 days, and if he does not do so within this period, it is considered that the Consumer’s request has been considered valid.
- Goods returned under the complaint procedure should be sent to the address provided in § 2 of the Regulations.
If a guarantee has been granted for the product, information about it, as well as its content, will be included in the product description in the Store.
6 Pursuing claims
The consumer has the option of mediation conducted by the Polish Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection.
with the help of permanent consumer arbitration courts operating at the Polish Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection
7 Personal data
- When making purchases in the Store, the User voluntarily provides the data that is necessary to complete the order and will be processed by the store for this purpose.
- The user Consumer has the right to inspect their personal data and request their correction.
- The administrator of personal data is the store.
8 Final provisions
- The store or its employees are not liable for any damage, including injury to the user or caused by the user, resulting from the use of the products sold.
- In matters not covered by these regulations, generally applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular: the Act on Consumer Rights of May 30, 2014, the Civil Code Act of April 23, 1964, and the Code of Civil Procedure Act of November 17, 1964.